It seems there's two camps in this debate. Now, whilst that may seem obvious (it's either YES or NO, isn't it?) it's actually not quite that simple!!! Or should I say....not that Black and White?!!! For, it appears, you either DO, and do so diligently, or you DON'T, and don't at all! ME???? I sort of fall in the latter camp....but that's only because I've barely enough time to write a shopping list, let alone fill in a journal each day!!! I figured I could be in the exempt pile......on the grounds I make them and so have even less time to actually write in them anymore!!!
On that note, I've started decorating notebooks that others can use for a myriad of purposes. A journal is the most obvious choice, but these little books are an ideal size to slip in your purse and use for any occasion that comes to hand. Maybe......
- Store all those little quirky quotes that your kids say which you then can't remember when they are older!
- To jot down that all important shopping list!
- Jot down thoughts you might have in the day for the latest project you're working on. Maybe it's the design of a fab piece of art you're planning to start; maybe it's the layout for that next scrapbook page!
- Your to-do list!
- Your thoughts, your dreams, your desires.
- Or, maybe it's good to just have in your purse because those occasions always arise when you just need something to write on!!!
The pages are lined and the journal, being 5" x 7" in size, gives loads of room for all those thoughts and dreams!
Here's some photos of 3 journals I've completed so far.
The first incorporates a vintage-esque design, with swirly oranges and reds, sheer ribbons and stamps of ladies' vintage dresses and shoes with swirls and curls to boot! Inside, is a generous sized tag for you to personalize and hide away in the secret folder!
The second incorporates my hand-decorated paper which is inked and distressed in greens and blues. The flowers and dragonfly, along with the sheer and pretty colored ribbons, give this journal a summery feel, and for sure we all know summer is here at the moment with the raging temperatures many of us are experiencing!! This journal also has a hidden tag on the inside cover, left for you to personalize.
The third is a more subtle design, using the art of embossing and chalking to "draw" the picture from the cardstock. The little red bird, sitting on the grass stalk, surrounded by ladybugs also lends a summery feel. The stronger ribbon colors used help to draw out the reds and yellows of the bugs, creating an effective look. Another hidden tag on the inside cover, with room for personalization, completes the look.
Thanks for popping in!