Saturday, July 23, 2011

Hope.......


Hope, the thing that without which, most of us would struggle to get by! For no matter how tough life gets, it's hope for a better day, hope for a better future, and hope that maybe tomorrow will bring us a miracle, that helps us to get out of bed the next day!


On that note, I chose to make this next collage to remind myself that there's always Hope and that things could be so much worse. Life is tough for many at the moment and everyday I try to count my blessings rather than my problems! Sometimes it might seem as if the latter are more than the former, but in general, most of us have much to be thankful for.


I started with some scraps of paper I thought worked well together. I Mod-Podged a background piece of cardstock and then added the scraps on top.
The Mod-Podge acts as a glue and sealer all in one and dries clear. It's a fab product!

After it all dried, I attached the newly-made background to the painted canvas. I distressed and inked the "HOPE" caption to a piece of brown cardstock, which I duly inked around the edges to give it some definition. I finished it off by sealing it with a sealant to protect it from fading and dust! 
I mounted the message on foam squares to raise it from the background and added a 3D butterfly embellishment to the top left-hand corner. 
This picture show you the 3D effect of it all:
And so my work is finished!


My project is soon to be listed, so take a quick peek if you have the time! Here's the link:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/DistinctlyCrafted


Thanks for following and see you next time!
Wendy




1 comment:

  1. This is wonderful, Wendy! I just love it =)thanks for the step-by-step photos and instructions!! Kathryn

    ReplyDelete