As before, collage on canvas but this time with more of a scrapbook feel to it! For those scrapbook and paper enthusiasts among us, this one is totally for you!
So, how did I do it?!
- As before, I used an 8"x10" canvas, stapled on the back. I used pink and white acrylic paints to create a stippled effect on the sides of the canvas - this should prevent the need for framing.
- I then created a paper background by collaging various pieces of pink paper, some with hearts, some with flowers, some with cute girl phrases.
- I added stamped pictures of a stork - well, it is a new baby after all! - and also stamped pictures of those cute little onesies!!
- I mod-podge'd all this together and let it dry.
- Well, they say patience is a virtue, but when creative ideas get into your head it's hard finding the patience to wait until that mod-podge dries before you can move to the next step! :-)
- Satisfied it was finally dry, I tacky glue'd it onto the canvas.
- I added scrunched tissue paper and a pink hearts ribbon to the lower edge, affixing a pink safety pin to the center.
- I used collage stickers to create the title, "Baby Girl" and added a matching sticker of a monkey....aren't all little girls as cute as this little monkey???......or maybe they just grow into cheeky little monkeys! :-)
- I added a photo mat to the center of the canvas so that a 6"x4" first baby photo could be included.
- Final touches included a tag detailing "SHH....baby sleeping", pink sparkle butterfly to which I added pink pearls to decorate and collage flowers as corner accents.
- ET VOILA!
I must admit, this turned out cute! Going to work on a baby boy one too!
Check out this listing on Etsy.......
Thanks for following!